To create an effective content marketing campaign, you need an appropriate strategy that will define the goals and scope of the project. In this article, you will learn the elements of a professional content marketing strategy.
Planning is the first step to successfully implement any project. A good plan should define the basic goals and scope of the project. When we follow our plan, all the steps might be easy and will bring the significant effect.
A properly formulated plan is a kind of roadmap, containing specific actions and tips. The content marketing strategy should also be preceded by appropriate planning.
How to plan an effective content marketing strategy
When you plan a content marketing strategy, you can use the so-called conversion path. The “path” that the customer must go through before making a purchase. This let the content to be adapted to important decision points on the consumer’s path and effectively meeting his needs.
The conversion path helps you understand the consumer’s mindset. Therefore, by tracking the various steps that a typical consumer takes on the path to taking a valuable activity, we can adjust the message to the “point” where our client is currently located. The above-mentioned “valuable activity” might be a purchase, registration or just a contact request.
At various stages of the conversion path, we observe a reduction in the number of potential customers. Therefore, marketing strategies that use content creation, are called funnel marketing techniques. At the top point of the funnel we have the so-called the awareness stage, while at the bottom, in the narrowest point, the conversion phase, i.e. the sales.
Content marketing strategy – useful tips
- In the first phase of the marketing funnel, you should create information content that raises the awareness of the potential customer. Don’t try to sell the product right away. Consideration of purchase does not take place until the next stage.
- The second stage is creating content with a greater impact on conversion. Now the customer is considering making a purchase. Deliver content that highlights the specific benefits of the product.
- At the stage of conversion – sales, try to make the whole process run quickly and efficiently. Even a customer who is determined to make a purchase may resign if he faces any trouble with the purchase.
- Use remarketing, that is, reaching people who, for various reasons, “left” the marketing funnel. As mentioned above, the customer can leave at any stage of the conversion. However, this does not necessarily mean that we have lost the chance to convert forever.
- The last step is to keep the customer. Create content that will re-engage your existing customers. A good way is to create mailing lists and send information about new products.
Effective planning and implementation of a content marketing strategy takes time. There are many variables that we need to consider. It is worth monitoring progress on an ongoing basis and measuring conversion rates. There are many ways to measure website traffic on the web. Several valuable tools are provided for free by Google.
Read this article in Polish: Strategia content marketingowa.